Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chicken Garlic Hummus Enchiladas

I have a certain "someone" in my house that will eat hummus from the tub with a spoon...yes, straight out of the tub with a spoon. He LOVES his hummus. So when I came across this recipe, I was like, holy cow, I HAVE to make this! I wish I would have come up with this recipe, but I didn't, yet I know I must share with y'all! Thank God for KevinandAmanda.com! Putting hummus in a Chicken Enchilada? Crazy talk, right? But OH so good! The only addition I made to this recipe was to add some corn to the enchiladas, use my own Easy Chicken Breasts recipe (shredded) and of course.....more cheese! You know me! I LOVE cheese! Make this tonight and I promise you won't be disappointed! For complete recipe without photos, click here: Chicken Garlic Hummus Enchiladas Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup rice
2 tablespoons lime juice
(I used the juice from 2 limes)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1-2 tablespoons of butter/margarine
5 medium (soft taco sized) flour tortillas
1 cup Roasted Garlic Hummus 
3 cups (12 oz) shredded chicken Easy Chicken Breasts
2 cups shredded cheese
or MORE!
1 can sweet corn, drained
10 oz enchilada sauce

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.


3) In a bowl, mix rice, salt, lime juice and 2 cups water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 14 minutes. 


Remove from heat, stir in cilantro, butter/margarine and set aside. You can also use a rice cooker, which is what I did. Makes life a lot easier!!!


Stir in Butter/Margarine until smooth.






4) Spread each tortilla with about 1-2 tablespoons of the garlic hummus.



5) Top with about 2 tablespoons of rice.



6) Top with about 1 tablespoon of corn.



7) Top with about 1/4 cup of chicken.



8) Top with about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.



9) Roll the enchilada up, making sure the ends are tucked inside.



10) You should be able to fit about 5-6 enchiladas in one baking dish.



11) Top the enchiladas with a can of the enchilada red sauce.



12) Cover the enchiladas with MORE cheese!



13) Bake for about 12-15 minutes at 375°F, until they start to brown and ENJOY!






Nutrition Facts
Servings 5.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 675
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31 g48 %
Saturated Fat 16 g79 %
Monounsaturated Fat 7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133 g44 %
Sodium 1536 mg64 %
Potassium 388 mg11 %
Total Carbohydrate 51 g17 %
Dietary Fiber 17 g67 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 48 g97 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C46 %
Calcium5 %
Iron113 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.


Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment