I have never made any of Rachael Ray's recipes but tonight, I decided to try one out...her Garlicky Creamy Corn & Spinach with Schwan's Boneless Beef Short Ribs and Kelly's Famous Mashed Potatoes (which by the way, I used half and half this time in them...naughty)! I was pleasantly surprised that this recipe turned out the way it did, really tasty....and of course, with a few changes that I had to make...involves cheese ;) To print, click Here.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans sweet corn, drained
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped (use more if you REALLY like garlic!)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2-3 bunches of spinach (about 2-3 handfuls from a pre-packaged bag)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add butter.
2) When the butter is melted, stir in the corn. Cook for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
4) Add the cream and nutmeg, stirring often, until very creamy, about 15 minutes.
5) Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
6) Add the parmesan cheese and stir well until smooth.
7) Season with salt and pepper if desired.
8) Serve and Enjoy!Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 21 g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 12 g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 62 g||21 %|
|Sodium 508 mg||21 %|
|Potassium 1190 mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||24 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 11 g||22 %|
|Vitamin A||7 %|
|Vitamin C||159 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|