This is such an easy lunch or dinner to whip up and you can really let your imagination go with the ingredients. Our favorite is to use vegetable rotini pasta, cooked chicken, chickpeas, a veggy mix of some sort, italian dressing and parmesan cheese. Here's how it goes, to print the recipe, click here: Super Easy Pasta Salad
1 box of vegetable rotini pasta
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1 bag of frozen steamfresh vegetables (we used Birds Eye Steamfresh Asian Medley)
1 small can sliced black olives
2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
About 1 1/2 cups of Fat Free or Lite Italian dressing (regular Italian has too much oil)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese or cheese of your choice
1) Season chicken breasts and cook on a non-stick medium sized pan, about 4-5 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from pan, cut into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2) Cook pasta according to package, drain and return to large pot.
3) Microwave the frozen vegetables and drain the chickpeas and olives. Once vegetables are cooked, add them, the chickpeas, olives and cubed chicken to the pasta. Mix well.
4) Add the italian dressing...use as much or as little as you like. Toss well.
5) Add the parmesan cheese or your choice of cheese and mix well. Serve and Enjoy, it's that simple!Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 9 g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 63 g||21 %|
|Sodium 610 mg||25 %|
|Potassium 329 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56 g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||22 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 37 g||75 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||22 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|