Normally my man does NOT like casseroles, but this one is an exception! It is hearty, budget friendly and definitely tasty! This is a dish that everyone in your family will enjoy and you don't have to break your back or bank to make it. Tonight I used green beans in this casserole, but feel free to use any vegetable or vegetable mix to your liking. Now, you will notice that I purchased a 24 ounce bag of shredded cheddar cheese....yes, you read that right. Once again, my motto is, "Every Meal Can Be Improved By The Addition Of Cheese!" Of course, you do not have to use the entire bag, but for me, well, I have a serious cheese addiction, so I pretty much used the entire bag! PRINT RECIPE HERE: DELICIOUS TATER TOT CASSEROLE
1 1/2 lbs - 2 lbs of Ground Beef
1 Onion, Chopped
2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 cup of Milk
1 bag of Frozen Green Beans or vegetable of your choice, Thawed
1 bag of Frozen Tater Tots
1 24 oz bag of Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper
I forgot to add the milk to the photo....don't forget the milk!
Pre-heat oven to 350°F
1) Spray a pot or pan with non-stick spray and add chopped onion and garlic, on medium heat.
2) Add Ground Beef, season with salt and pepper, then stir mixture until beef is cooked all the way through.
3) In a large bowl, add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. Mix well. 4) Add thawed green beans and mix well.
6) Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick spray and add the ground beef. Cover the entire dish with the ground beef.
10) Now for my favorite part! Top the entire casserole with the tater tots, lining them up one by one.
11) Bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until the tots are a nice golden brown and the casserole is bubbling.
12) Remove casserole and add salt and pepper to the top, then add another light layer of cheddar cheese. Bake for about another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted but not burnt.
13) Remove casserole and let sit for about 10 minutes, then slice and serve!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 48 g||74 %|
|Saturated Fat 24 g||121 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 159 g||53 %|
|Sodium 1543 mg||64 %|
|Potassium 659 mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||33 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 52 g||103 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||32 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|