I KNOW most of you have seen this recipe circulating across the internet! I decided to just go with it, without looking at other recipes and see how it turned out. Let me tell you, I have now made this TWICE in the past 3 days....yes, TWICE! That is how good these little things are. The best part about this recipe is that it is simple, cheap and you can really use your imagination with the filling. My apologies that my photo of the end result only shows 6 mini calzones....there were "some individuals" in the house that grabbed 2 BEFORE I could take a photo! So here is what I did. PRINT RECIPE HERE: MINI CALZONES
1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Pizza sauce or Spaghetti sauce (use something that is really flavored, I used Prego Roasted Garlic & Herb Sauce)
4 Mozzarella String Cheese
24 pieces of pepperoni
Garlic Powder or Minced Garlic
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) On a bake pan sprayed with non-stick spray, like PAM, lay all 8 rolled out crescents.
3) Spread about a tablespoon of sauce on each crescent.
4) Place 3 pepperoni slices on each crescent.
5) Slice each Mozzarella String Cheese in half and place one half on each crescent.
6) Roll the crescents up and try to pinch the sides as best you can to keep the sauce from seeping out (it will happen regardless, but the tighter you can pinch, the better it is).
7) In a small bowl, put about 4 tablespoons of butter, about 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning, about 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder or Minced Garlic and about a 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan Cheese. Melt in microwave for about 45 seconds and then mix thoroughly.
8) Using a Pastry Brush, spread the butter mixture over each crescent. Then bake for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
9) After 10-12 minutes, removed the baking sheet from oven and spread more of the butter mixture over the crescents. Bake again for about 3-4 minutes. They should be nice and crispy now!
10) Let the crescents rest for a few minutes before plating. Serve with a side of dipping pizza or spaghetti sauce and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 17 g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 10 g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 40 g||13 %|
|Sodium 491 mg||20 %|
|Potassium 33 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 10 g||20 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|