Kelly's Famous Mashed Potatoes, sautéed onions & baby bella mushrooms and a new recipe I tried from The Pioneer Woman, Best Bread....which I have just decided to call Oven Butter Bread. Click on the recipe and you will see why. Regardless, the dinner turned out to be very tasty and we were both stuck in food comas for the rest of the evening!
2 Delmonico Steaks - about an inch thick (this can easily feed 4 people, I can only eat 1/2 a steak!)
1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped
6 Baby Bella Cremini mushrooms, halved
2) Rub steaks down with Olive Oil, then season both sides generously with Steak Seasoning or Salt & Pepper if you prefer.
3) Pre-heat your pan to medium heat and add about a tablespoon of Olive Oil.
4) Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
5) While steaks are cooking, feel free to sassy up your dinner with some sauteed onions and mushrooms. Heat about a tablespoon of Olive oil in a pan, add the onions and let cook for about 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms, cover until cooked.
6) Lower the temp and cook for about 3-5 minutes longer for medium-rare steaks, or until your temp gauge reaches 145°F. You may have to adjust these cooking times based on your stove....I am working with a 30+ year old stove!!!