Saturday, December 21, 2013

Oven Butter Bread

This is another recipe I decided to try from The Pioneer Woman blog. I REALLY love her recipes and when I saw the post that she has THE BREAD recipe, I was dying to try it. I don't know where I went wrong, I mean, the end result tasted great, much like a steakhouse texas toast, but I was a bit confused about how she says everyone asks for this bread when visiting her home, like it's the Holy Grail. Regardless, I decided to post it and you can be the judge. Like I said, it was good, but I wouldn't claim it as the THE BREAD. Maybe if you were to add some garlic and/or Parmesan, it may taste better, but to me, it tasted like burnt french bread...but surprisingly, soft in the middle. I decided to name it, "Oven Butter Bread". So here we go:
Ingredients:
1 Loaf French Bread
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, room temperature
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.




2) Slice Loaf of bread in half, lengthwise. 









3) Spread the ENTIRE stick of butter on the top of both halves (I just couldn't do this...SO MUCH BUTTER! I used about 3/4 a stick).
4) Bake for 10 minutes.




5) Once the edges start to brown, crank up the broiler until the top crust is a deep, golden brown.











6) Slice and serve. 
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment