Well it is quite the blizzard outside right now! So what better to make for dinner than warm comfort food! I saw this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website and I just HAD to try it. I was leery about the fact that the recipe calls for cottage cheese rather than ricotta cheese, but we were pleasantly surprised at how delicious this lasagna was! I will definitely make this again! PRINT RECIPE HERE: PIONEER WOMAN'S BEST LASAGNA EVER
1) Add Ground Beef, Sausage and Garlic to a large pan or pot. Cook until meat is browned (My original pan was too small, so I moved the ingredients to a large pot).
4) Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and 1 teaspoon of Salt. Then add the Lasagna noodles. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until "al dente".
5) Once noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water and lay each noodle out on tin foil to get ready for assembly.
6) In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, 2 more tablespoons parsley, and 1 more teaspoon salt. Stir together well. Set aside.
7) To assemble:
Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat/sauce mixture over the top.
Repeat this once more, then add one more layer of noodles, Mozzarella cheese and meat sauce. Top with Parmesan Cheese.
8) Bake at 350-degree for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman's Best Lasagna EverCopyright © 2013 Kellicipes