Who is not a fan of Chicken Parmesan? Right? Well, while searching the internet for a good recipe, I came across this awesome post on foodwishes.blogspot.com and I think this is ingenious! Basically, this is a perfect way to make Chicken Parmesan without getting the "soggy" results when baking chicken that is dredged in breadcrumbs. Add croutons, who knew!?! Major props to this blogger for posting this, because it was a HUGE hit in my household! I modified it a bit with a few ingredients, but if you want their original recipe, click here The end of Chicken Parmesan as you know it. But personally, I like my adjustments and added ingredients, however, you can be the judge! Hope you enjoy it too! To print recipe, click Kellicipes Crouton Chicken Parmesan
3 LARGE Boneless Chicken Breasts (You can use 6 small ones or cut 3 large ones in half)
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1 24oz Pasta Sauce, your choice
2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
5-7 Bella Baby Mushrooms, Sliced
1/4 White Onion, Chopped
3 Green Onions, Chopped
Hot Pepper Flakes, as desired
Dried Basil, as desired
Italian Seasoning, as desired
Pepper, as desired
8 oz Mozzarella, Shredded (If you're like me, you might need more, ha!)
4 oz Parmesan, Grated or Shredded
1 (5oz) package Herb Seasoned Croutons
1) Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Pour enough pasta sauce on the bottom of the baking dish to lightly cover it. Then place the uncooked chicken breasts over the sauce.
3) Sprinkle the garlic, hot pepper flakes, dried basil, italian seasoning and pepper over the chicken breasts.
4) Add mushrooms, white onion and green onion over the chicken breasts.
5) Add a layer of mozzarella cheese over the chicken breasts, then cover with more pasta sauce.
6) Add another layer of mozzarella cheese over the pasta sauce. Now place croutons over the entire dish.
7) Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and then add the parmesan to the top of the dish. Cook for 1 hour or until croutons are crisp and chicken is cooked through.
8) Serve with garlic butter angel hair pasta and crescent rolls. Use the remaining pasta sauce for the chicken and pasta if needed. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 7 g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 75 g||25 %|
|Sodium 1288 mg||54 %|
|Potassium 507 mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 33 g||67 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||18 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|