Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms


The man of the house always seems to amaze me! I bought Baby Bella Mushrooms because I thought he would like them for our burgers, as he always does. So when I walked in the kitchen to see how the burger prepping was going, I was surprised that instead of slicing the mushrooms with onions for the grill, he was prepping to stuff them. What?! Never thought he'd think of something so "gourmet" as that, lol! I asked him what he planned on stuffing them with and he said pepperoni and cheese. So I gave him a few suggestions and then let him go at it. A few minutes later, I went back into the kitchen and was amazed at what I saw...mushrooms in a muffin tin? Genius! We decided to bake them at 350°F for 20 minutes and then topping them off with some more cheese and bread crumbs. Delicious little things! Wow! Now, I'll share with you what I "thought" he used as far as measurements, but really, just use your own judgment, especially because mushroom sizes can vary. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! To print recipe, click: Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
Ingredients:
1-8oz package of Baby Bella Mushrooms
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (We used Pizza Blend)
12-15 Slices of Pepperoni, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons Marinara sauce or Pizza sauce
2-3 tablespoons Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Shredded Cheese (Again, we used Pizza Blend but Parmesan would be great too!)
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Directions:
1) Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Using a small spoon, scoop out as much of the interior as you can, to allow room for the stuffing.
2) In a medium bowl, mix the chopped pepperoni, 1/2 shredded cheese, garlic, italian seasoning and marinara sauce.
3) Fill each mushroom with the mixture and place each mushrooms in a 12 cup muffin pan. Spray the top of each cup/mushroom with non-stick spray. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
4) While mushrooms are cooking, in a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and 1/4 shredded cheese.
5) Once mushrooms have cooked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and top each mushroom with a bit of the bread crumb/cheese mixture. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.

6) Remove from oven, let cool for about 5-10 minutes, then ENJOY!
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment