Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pierogy Beef Stroganoff

It has been a while since I have posted, been really busy with work, but I promise you all that I will do better! Last night we had guests over and I decided to try a new recipe, one that I found on www.schwans.com and fudged a bit. It was a HUGE hit! The recipe I derived it from claimed it served 4, however, I was feeding two grown men who were working in the garage all day on a car, an 8-month pregnant woman and myself. I think that normally, this recipe would serve about 8. But last night was a different story and needless to say, there are no leftovers :( I used Pierogies and Diced Beef Tips and Gravy from Schwans, however, you can use whatever brand you like.
Pierogy Beef Stroganoff
Ingredients:
1 bag of Schwans Pierogies, frozen
2 bags of Schwans Beef Tips and Gravy, thawed
1 Onion
5 White Button Mushrooms, sliced
Minced Garlic to your liking
Butter or Margarine as needed
Directions:
1. Place bags of Schwans Beef Tips and Gravy in a pot of water, bring to a boil, cover and leave on medium heat until thawed (took about 20 minutes).
2. Empty bags of Schwans Beef Tips and Gravy into a pan, along  with sliced mushrooms and simmer until cooked.
3. Place Schwans Pierogies in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 7-8 minutes until tender.
4. Drain Pierogies.
5. Heat butter, garlic and onions in a pan. Add Pierogies and cook until brown on each side. Usually about 5 minutes per side.
6. Plate Pierogies and top with Beef Tips mixture. *You can eat them separately, that is what I did, but the guys loved the Beef Tips mixture over the Pierogies.*

You can also add about 1 cup of sour cream to the Beef Tips mixture if you want more of a "Stroganoff" taste. I served with a salad and again, it was a complete hit! Enjoy!
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment