Again, I have made a dish that requires crescent rolls. Oh Lord! I have a problem! But these things are seriously "The Bomb"!!!! The cheesy bacon bomb! Super easy to make and super cheap. I used mozzarella but next time I am thinking about using pepper jack cheese, for an extra KICK! This recipe is adapted from Ohbiteit. I only added garlic butter to the end to give it some more flavor. This is a MUST recipe...especially on these cold nights when you just want some comfort food. Thumbs up!
1 package of bacon
1 tube of Crescent rolls
3 Mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons of Butter
1) If using a deep fryer, set the temp to 350°F. If not, heat about 2" of oil in a pot at 350°F.
2) Spread out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet and pinch together the seams.
3) Cut the crescent rolls into quarter squares.
4) Place a Mozzarella cube into each crescent roll square and then seal it.
6) Fry the bites in oil at 350°F for about 4-5 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
7) Remove the bites from the fryer or pan and let drain on a paper towel.
8) Heat butter and mix with garlic powder. Using a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture over the bacon bombs and let sit for about 5 minutes, then ENJOY!Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 22 g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 10 g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 60 g||20 %|
|Sodium 831 mg||35 %|
|Potassium 25 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||1 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 16 g||32 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|