Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies



I will admit right now...I AM NOT A BAKER!!! But the man of the house DOES have a sweet tooth, so I need to work at my bakery skills! He loves chocolate covered cherries, but I'm not about to stand over the stove, dipping cherries in chocolate and hoping they turn out well. So I browsed my favorite blogs to see if I could find something that incorporated cherries and chocolate. I came across The Kitchen Is My Playground. Awesome blog! I found a recipe here for Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies. I can handle that, right? I think I did a decent job...and so does the man of the house, as well as my parents. Try this recipe out, it's easy and tasty! To print recipe, click here: Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
1 container maraschino cherries, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz package)
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and maraschino cherry juice. Beat until creamy. Then beat in eggs.
4) Slowly add the flour mixture and blend until combined. Stir in the chopped maraschino cherries and chocolate chips.
5) Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Drop about a teaspoon of the dough onto the cookie sheet. Try about 6 cookies at first, just to make sure your oven and cooking time works well for you. The recipe suggested 8-10 minutes cooking time, I found that I needed to cook them for 9 minutes...no less, no more. Once cooked, remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before storing...or just devour them right then and there! Enjoy!
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment