We've been in our new house for over a week now but I am still exhausted from the move and feel like we're not completely settled in just yet. So last night, I was looking for something that would be filling but easy to make and with few ingredients. I came across a few recipes that called for chicken, bread crumbs and ranch dressing. This seemed easy enough! So I came up with a spicier and crustier version and this is what I got! We devoured it and then went into a total comfort food "food coma" and fell asleep at 9pm...which is unheard of for me! Try it out and let me know your thoughts! I measured the ingredients to make 2 servings, but use your judgment for measurements based on your family's servings. Served with mixed vegetables and Kelly's Famous Mashed Potatoes. To print recipe, click Cajun Encrusted Parmesan Ranch Chicken Recipe.
Cajun Encrusted Parmesan Ranch Chicken
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts, pounded
1 - 1 1/2 cup of Cajun Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 - 2/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 cup Ranch Dressing
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1) Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
2) In a zip-loc bag, pound out both boneless chicken breasts to an even thickness.
3) Once pounded out, pour ranch dressing into a medium sized bowl or dish and add the pounded chicken breasts to the dressing. Mix well, cover and place in refrigerator while you prepare the dry ingredients and any other side dishes that you will be making. OR you can marinate this for several hours or overnight in the ranch dressing. I let my chicken breasts sit in the ranch while I made my homemade mashed potatoes, which takes about 25 minutes.
4) In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
5) When ready to cook the chicken, remove chicken from refrigerator and spray a foil-lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
6) Place each ranch marinated chicken breast into the dry mixture and coat well.
7) Place the coated chicken breasts on the foil-lined baking sheet and top with additional dry mixture for good measure and lightly coat the top with cooking spray.
8) Place in oven on the middle rack and bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
9) Check your chicken breasts at about 15 minutes, depending on their size, you don't want to overcook them and have them come out dry.
10) Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Enjoy!Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 22 g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 7 g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 160 g||53 %|
|Sodium 1912 mg||80 %|
|Potassium 640 mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 64 g||128 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||9 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|