Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken Vegetable Pasta Salad

Chicken Vegetable Pasta Salad
This is not a gourmet dish, but super easy and yummy! I would make this many times during the summer when I was life-guarding. It was quick and convenient to take to work. I normally use ingredients I have on hand, so you can change it up and it still tastes great. Yesterday, I had Schwan's Mini Bow Tie Pasta and Vegetable Blend in the freezer, so I used about a half of the bag and added some Halloween shaped pasta that I had purchased from Target on clearance.

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cup of uncooked pasta shapes (you can use shapes, rotini, small shells, etc.)
If you don't have theSchwan's Mini Bow Tie Pasta and Vegetable Blend  , you can use about a 1 1/2 cups of any frozen vegetable blend of your choice and 2 cups of uncooked pasta shapes.
-2 chicken breasts
-1/2 cup Mayo or Miracle Whip
-1/2 packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix
-Mozzarella cheese cubes
-Green olives
-Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Cook frozen vegetables and pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper if desired. Cook on stove top until fully cooked throughout, about 4-5 minutes per side. Cut into cubes.
3. Mix cooked pasta and vegetables in a large bowl, add Mayo or Miracle Whip and half a packet of Ranch seasoning mix. Mix together well.
4. Add mozzarella cheese cubes and sliced green olives if desired (I always have to have cheese in my food and I love the flavor of green olives!)
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment