Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mustard Maple Chicken



If you like mustard, chicken and maple syrup, then this is a great crowd pleasing chicken dish for you! I know what you are thinking, maple syrup and mustard? I thought the same thing too, until I cooked this dish the other night. My man and I absolutely LOVED it! If you don’t like mustard, then I would either skip this recipe or use more maple syrup than mustard. This dish comes from one of my favorite blogs, Witty in the City. I followed this recipe to the “T” and it came out perfect: http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/  I will say that on another blog, I noticed someone made this same recipe and added a little cornstarch to the sauce at the end of cooking. I didn’t do this, but if you want to thicken up the sauce a bit, it would probably work just fine.
Ingredients:
Chicken Thighs – 1 package (I used 4 boneless chicken breasts: Kroger: 3lbs @$1.88lb)
½ cup Dijon Mustard (Kroger brand: $1.49)
¼ Maple Syrup (Kroger brand: $2.99)
1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (Kroger: $1.99)
Fresh Rosemary (Kroger: $2.99)
Salt and Pepper
Cornstarch (if desired – see the end of the instructions for this)
Oven 450°F
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar.
Place the chicken into an oven-proof baking dish. The original recipe says to foil-line the dish, but I didn’t and it turned out fine. Salt and pepper the chicken then pour the maple mustard mixture over them, turning the chicken in the mixture so they are fully coated.
Place the chicken in the oven, uncovered and bake for 40 minutes (or until meat thermometer reads 165°. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken and spoon some of the extra sauce over the top (here is where you can add some cornstarch to the sauce, mix it up and then pour over the chicken if you want a thicker sauce). Sprinkle fresh rosemary over top and enjoy! That was easy, wasn’t it?!
Copyright © 2013 Kellicipes

No comments:

Post a Comment